Our online Elements classes are designed for players with some taiko playing experience and focus on the integration of movement of bachi, arms and body, good sound production, development of speed, endurance, breath control, and a solid sense of rhythm.
In these sessions we will:
- Studying a traditional taiko style
- Learn the accompanying kuchi shoga (taiko rhythm vocals)
- Practice pieces and studies called renshu that integrate specific musical and technical challenges
- Develop general musicianship
- Observe and discuss traditional taiko styles
- Learn about aspects of Japanese culture and taiko history
You will receive more information about the class once you have booked in. Please check that your internet has a strong and stable connection, as this suits the format of the class and will make for a more satisfying experience.
- Please ensure you have a practice pad (drum pad)
- Bachi or drumsticks for the practice pad
- Enough space around you for stretching and moving
- We recommend that you wear comfortable gym like clothing
** Please note the class time is listed in AEST Daylight Savings Time (Australian Eastern Time - Sydney, NSW) 1.00pm - 2.00pm**